Sign in to follow this  
Pancakemix

Gas giant colony, with beacon half inside it.

I'm posting this here because the game's bug reporting feature stopped working yesterday.

I found a beacon that was clipping into a gas giant because the gas giant was so big its model reached out to where the beacon was. Most of the beacon was submerged, but I could still see a little bit of the bottom of it poking out and some antennas, or whatever they are. There was also an event on this location about a colony, which should be impossible on a gas giant. In addition, some of the text in the event overflowed from it's textbox.

Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to provide any of the juicy metadata that I presume the bug reporter collects when you sent a bug report.

Event spoilers, so that you know which one I'm talking about:

The event was about a colony that was having too many babies, due to the failure of some OMNI operated imperial tech that prevents conception. When questioned about why they don't just abstain, the leader claims that the women continue to asexually reproduce and give birth despite that, and the she (the leader) herself is proof to that. I sent an engineer hero to fix some old, non-OMNI, "birther" tech and they gave me scrap in return.

P.S. This is unrelated to the aforementioned bug, but I haven't been receiving backer kit emails. I still get the update emails, but the emails containing a link to the game download have stopped. Luckily I can just use the old backer kit emails to get there, so it's not a big problem. My email is the same as the one I use for this forum.

Thanks for your report ! it's an issue we were aware of and it should be fixed in the next version 🙂