Sevriss

Anger an Frustration (✖╭╮✖)

Good morning, everyone.
Ok just a little topic, to talk about the little things, the gameplay details that are sometimes raging or annoying. We're not talking about the events, not the technique, just the little details.

Okay, for example on my last part, with build 1.1.

- The rocks in front of the ship's hangar... squadrons' collective sucide returning from a hard won battle. The salt levels in my system jumped.

- On two systems in a row, 0 Neo-N reloaded on the suns. When this happens, basically you can't explore or play exploration, it's frustrating and disabling in my opinion. Maybe it should be the minimum recharge point.

-The enemy squadron spawn directly in close combat. When you're a little advanced in the game and the ship has already taken some damage, it's a death sentence. By the time we deploy the squadron(s), get the guns in line, we've already lost a lot of life points.

Here, I wanted to do a little topic about those little things that could be adjusted. I hope I'm not duplicating another subject.
Give your opinion, your experiences, we will laugh about our miseries in space.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Good morning Sevriss, great initiative !

We are looking to improve the game flow, and those are exactly the little annoying things we aime to remove, keep them coming !

Some precisions

- The rocks in front of the ship's hangar... squadrons' collective sucide returning from a hard won battle. The salt levels in my system jumped.

Agreed, it was in a part of my mind for a while but never had the time to fix this, I'm increasing the priority.

On two systems in a row, 0 Neo-N reloaded on the suns. When this happens, basically you can't explore or play exploration, it's frustrating and disabling in my opinion. Maybe it should be the minimum recharge point.

This will be part of the overhaul of the "refuel upgrade", it will be up to you to improve it to avoid zero fuel rolls. Will it solve the problem for you?

The enemy squadron spawn directly in close combat. When you're a little advanced in the game and the ship has already taken some damage, it's a death sentence. By the time we deploy the squadron(s), get the guns in line, we've already lost a lot of life points.

Yes, this will be taken care of in the next version

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Specta said:

-Can't see ships explosions because of the "Fight report"

Maybe we should try some wining "close-up" of the exploding enemy battleship.

We plan to show the fight report only when you are back to the command center, so we will keep that in mind when we will be refining the experience ?

Hello to all!
Okay, after a lot of games, a few thoughts:

-Even if the game must remain hard, it should still be possible to repair the ship or squadrons more often. For example, when you can't do that even by going through 4 stores, you get to the end sector fight completely exploded... it's almost impossible to pass the boss.

- shops: maybe a little more choice in the things to buy? Scraps remain precious, because they have to be invested strategically, but sometimes you arrive with great savings in a store... without being able to buy anything there because there is only fuel, a hero or a repair that you do not need.

-squadrons: it quickly becomes clear that victory depends on the number of squadrons that can be deployed. However, we sometimes make an entire sector without having the possibility of buying one or without "loot" one.

Here are some thoughts, give your opinion, it's a little quiet these last days, do not hesitate to say what you think of the game and its mechanics.

See you in space soon.

I have some more thoughts on hull.

The battleship starts with 4x80 in health

Enemy Cruisers do 8 DPS, Fighter 5 DPS, and Drones 1 DPS

A Cruiser can take off one health bar every 10 seconds and a Fighter is 16 seconds

This does not include the additional damage from the enemy Battleship or damage from Critical effects.

2 Cruisers and a Fighter, which is what I encounter the majority of the time in the very first encounter, can take off one health bar in just under 4 seconds.

1 Cruiser and 1 Fighter can do the same in a little over 6 seconds.

I think this is very limiting on game progress as you often can't face two such encounters in a row due to the damage sustained in the first encounter.

Most of my games end on the very first encounter, sometimes even before I can refuel. I consider myself a fairly average player.

I'll continue to gather stats, but in the last 40 games played I encountered 2 Cruisers and 1 Fighter about 80% of the time on the very first encounter. Maybe I'm just having a string of bad luck.

During those 40 games I only learned one piece of new lore, about Special H.

Hello @Sevriss, @Specta and @mateo!

A brand new version of the Beta is available (still the same URL to access the build ?). If you want to test it and see if the experience is smoother... ^^

Have a nice week!

Caroline

• Like 1

Just a little thing, if you spawn a squadron directly in an ennemy hexagone, this squadron is sometimes stuck, without fighting or beiing able to move.

15 hours ago, Sevriss said:

Just a little thing, if you spawn a squadron directly in an ennemy hexagone, this squadron is sometimes stuck, without fighting or beiing able to move.

It should be fixed in the next beta version (early next week) ?