Sign in to follow this  
mateo

Repair Hull skill

The Repair Hull skill only repairs the current Hull health bar. Once that is fully healed no additional healing takes place. It would seem better to have the Repair Hull skill to be able to repair additional Hull health bars. The repair rate is always going to be lower than the DPS put out by enemy ships so I don't see why this would be a real issue.

For example, enemy drones do 1 DPS while the best Repair Hull skill is +4/6 seconds. That's a net loss of 2 health/second. In other words, it's impossible to not take and accumulate damage.

Edited by mateo

I am afraid this won't be possible, the irreparability of an already broken hull bar is a crucial feature in the balancing of the game. As it is, the repair hull skills helps you delay the moment you will lose a hull bar, buying you more time to kill the enemy before it happens which should be plenty reason to use it.

I have to agree with the dev, if the power allowed you to repair past the bar you're currently on, you could just neutralize the enemy's offensive capabilities and then leave them alive to farm health.

Another game, Darkest Dungeons, had a similar issue. Some classes of hero had healing abilities, but you can only use abilities in battle. Meaning you couldn't use it for safe, free healing outside of battle and make the game too easy. However, if you killed most enemies and left one weak one you essentially COULD exploit for free healing. They addressed this by adding a secret turn limit to battles that, when passed, would cause more enemies to join the battle, thus penalizing you for exploiting the game. If the devs of this game do change their mind about this issue, they could implement something similar to prevent exploitation.

I do have one idea though, how about a hero ability that you can use outside of battle to repair the Odysseus's health bars? You could balance it by having it cost more than a station repair. More skilled heroes could have cheaper repair costs.

Edit: And if you like that idea, maybe there could be a skill for squadron repair too.

Edited by Pancakemix

We did think about using hero timed abilities outside of fight, but timed actions don't play very well with area where there is no time limit. The idea is not dead yet, but quite cold for the moment.

I guess that your point is to allow the player to repair things anywhere for an extra cost which is a pretty nice idea. I will keep that in mind,  maybe with an auxiliary  module ?

By the way, we are currently adding a bunch of fight abilities for the next update ?