Sign in to follow this  
Ilya Lizard

Ilya Lizard

Greetings!

My name is Ilya, I'm an architect, designer, and cartoonist. I am teaching visual communication at an architectural college and making various art projects.  I like video games and new-wave era science fiction, so this project had immediately drawn my attention.  Also, I did my second degree in researching video games - especially, the connections between the gameplay/story and depiction of space and environments.   As a college teacher and researcher, I try to be connected to the actual game making industry and process as much as I can, so I'm always happy to join alpha and beta tests of interesting game projects. 

I want to thank the developers' team for the opportunity,  and hope I'll be able to be of some help  ?

Edited by Ilya Lizard
  • Like 1

Hello @Ilya Lizard and welcome!

Your job and reaserches seem really interesting! Do you publish articles related to these topics?

As a beta tester and a member of this community, you are invaluable to us ?... so, thank you!

• Like 1

Hello Caroline!

I live and work in Israel, so my thesis and the following publications are in Hebrew. You can read my main work abstract in English here - https://www.graduate.technion.ac.il/Theses/Abstracts.asp?Id=26994  and currently, I do work on an English translation for possible DIGRA submission.  But as a teaching fellow, I mainly work on lectures and academic courses about games, cinema, and environment design.

• Like 1

Specta - I definitely do.  ?  Not to much into them, but I've seen some very entertaining ones, made with Garry's mod.  I have not studied the machinima phenomena as a research topic, cause I always was much more curious about the commentary involving game videos, like streams and letsplay - they give us information about the player's emotional reaction and cognition-driven actions simultaneously. 

Hi Ilya, if I understand correctly you are a kind of sociologist/observer of the video game world, it is interesting to see that our common passion opens new fields of study! We definitely have all types of profiles here:) happy to have you on the team! On that I will test version 1.1, see you later;) 

• Like 1

Thanks for your answer @Ilya Lizard.

I saw something, a technology, they put this on gamers and it analyzes the heartbeat, the stress etc...

I am not sure but I think the game reacts to the player, it was an horror game perhaps, Iam not sure about this.